30 Oct Diet Friendly Chocolate Mud Brownies!
Oh. My. God. You have to try this one! This recipe offers an easy alternative to unhealthy commercial cakes. We substituted the refined sugars and fats for a protein punch and a healthy dose of satiating fiber. It makes for a satisfying craving killer at all times of the year, and may be served as a whole mud cake or cut up into individual brownies to share!! But in our opinion, they are way too decadent, fudgy and moist to do so.
Nutrition Facts for 1 Whole Mud Cake are:
59g of Protein
70g of Carbs
9g of Fat
19g of Fiber
Preparation Time: 10 mins.
Cooking Time: 15 mins.
The Recipe makes 1 Large Mud Cake or about 4 Brownies
- 10g Flour (use your preferred flour, white, whole-wheat, oat or almond etc.)
- 45g Vanilla or Chocolate Whey Protein
- One can or 255g (drained weight) Red Kidney Beans
- 10g Cocoa Powder (pro tip: the darker the cocoa, the better the taste.)
- ½ teaspoon of Baking Powder
- ½ tube of Sugar Coated Chocolate Buttons (nuts, dried fruit, chocolate chips or chunks, toasted coconut shavings or seeds also make excellent toppings, but try to stay under 88kcal of toppings to stay within the calories provided above for this recipe)
- 50ml of Water (any milk may also be substituted according to your caloric budget)
- Low Calorie (1 kcal) Non-stick Cooking Spray
- Your Powdered Sweetener of Choice (All artificial or natural zero calorie sweeteners may be used here)
- Optional: Vanilla or Chocolate Essence
- Blend all the ingredients apart from the toppings (we used Sugar Coated Chocolate Buttons) in a food processor and blend until a brownie batter consistency is formed.
- Spray a baking tray with non-stick cooking spray and gently transfer the batter and add your toppings.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for around 15 minutes at 250 Degrees Celsius.
- Cool for approx. 1 hour before cutting up and serving the brownies. Please do share!
If you want to get in the best shape of your life. All while enjoying your diet and workouts . . .
Join Our Best Fitness Program for Your Goals:
Like our Facebook Page:
Email us on:
Follow us on Instagram:
Follow us on Twitter: